Many of y’all probably own a computer or laptop equipped with a powerful graphics card or processor. By sharing part of the computing power with the folding@home project, we can help speed up very difficult computer calculations and thus more quicken the development of effective medicine for COVID-19 disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Even one task completed each day can be extremely helpful.
Terminal installation for Debian / Mint / Ubuntu
sudo dpkg -i –force-depends fahclient_7.4.4_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i –force-depends fahcontrol_7.4.4-1_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i –force-depends fahviewer_7.4.4_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i –force-depends python-support_1.0.15_all.deb
More instalation guides can be found on folding@home page.
Download Windows Client –> folding-home-7-4-4-multi-win.exe
folding-home-7-4-4-multi-win.exe SHA256SUM SHA256 AD870E30132669374DE5D2633389CA078811A0BB101103710D91206480483E69
How to recognize if SARS-CoV-2 caused covid 19 diseases in us?
COVID-19 has six stages:
- Asymptomatic phase – the virus has attacked the body, but we have no symptoms.
- Fever and coughing (usually 4-5 days after infection).
- Fever and shortness of breath. There is nothing to wait at this stage, it is the last moment to be in the hospital.
- Pneumonia – at this stage the fever is even higher and the patient suffers from even stronger shortness of breath.
- ARDS – acute respiratory distress syndrome – at this stage the patient must be hospitalized in the intensive care unit. If the treatment fails here, COVID-19 goes to the sixth stage.
- Sepsis – severe multi-organ failure.
What can I do to protect myself?
- Wash your hands! The more often and accurately the better. Wash when you get home, when you leave the toilet, touch the money, door handles, buttons in the elevator …
- Disinfect the phone and any items that are suitable for this and which you were wearing while going out – glasses, watch, jewelry …
- If you were in a larger concentration of people – wash your jacket, hat, gloves …
- Avoid gatherings – events, training, shopping centers, cinemas, theaters, churches, museums, restaurants …
- If you need to do shopping – buy what you can online, enter the store for a short time, preferably with a ready shopping list to shorten your stay in the store. Postpone other purchases, e.g. clothes. Pay by card. Do not make up, for example, a child’s visit to the dentist “because he is at home and does not go to school”. Schools and other facilities are closed to obtain quarantine.
- Don’t visit anyone in the hospital. Come to your doctor without any accompanying people.
- Don’t go to the gym. Practice at home.
- Whatever you can – do it remotely
- Do not visit older people. Do or order online shopping for them. Do not expose them to infection.
- Do not use public transport unless it is necessary. Avoid trips, especially to areas with confirmed virus presence. If you must, better drive your own car.
- Do not contact the infected personally. Avoid people who meet outside the home, especially those showing signs of infection.
- If you suspect your symptoms do not go to the emergency room or the clinic – report to an infectious hospital or call an ambulance. You have doubts about how to proceed – call the helpline. If you suspect an infection but feel good stay at home. Do not infect others. Quarantine your family – don’t let them spread the virus either.
- Ventilate rooms, especially those in which many people stay.
- Do not give your hand on greet with friends, do not share food (cutlery, food, do not drink with one glass).
- Take care of your immune system: get enough sleep, eat regularly, supplement any deficiencies (vitamin D3, selenium, B12, zinc …)